...Fashion makes what could be a mudane necessity of everyday life creative, exciting and interesting. Clothes are more to me than just clothes, they are a form of art. Our bodies are like canvas, and when we dress we make a picture in the world! Fashion and personal style for me are forms of self expression and escapism. How we dress is important whether we are choosing to dress to reveal or conceal parts of our personality. It is the way we wish the world to see us, so even if the intention is to dress for the latter it still give us hints to who people are. I love mixing high fashion with vintage. I don't just dress to look pretty and I'm quite experimental..I dress for myself and will wear anything as long as I like it even if others are not quite so sure. It's important that your happy!!







Thursday, 14 April 2011

Orange

 Orange is very blatant and vulgar. It makes you immediately start having feelings.--Wolf Kahn


Orange a mixture of red's passion and energy with yellow's enlightenment and happiness becomes less aggressive than red itself but, without losing it's attention seeking quality and ability to cause impact.



Orange is warm ,positive, vibrant, and motivating.

It is a social colour which relieves negative feelings and increases your appetite for love and food.




A colour associated with festivals, harvest, sunrises and sunsets.
 Being all about enjoyment, to me it is a fundamental symbol of vitality and life.



Due to its nature to cause a stir orange provokes quite a drastic response in people...love or hate!!

Not every shade of orange is for me but I absolutely love burnt orange- full of red's deepness and allure without the harshness.



(This song makes me think of the colour orange so i thought it would be perfect here.)





Some photographs I took while visiting Korea at Seroksan National Park. We went there for hiking but were mesmerised by the rich orange shades of the trees and spent an hour before beginning to climb trying to capture their beauty...









orange in editorials.....

 I'd never had much of a fascination for orange on clothes until I came across this photograph of Jessica Stam in V53 magazine a few years ago wearing this luxurious textured orange velvet dress. 
I love everything about this picture.

Jessica Stam, V53 Summer 2008. Photographer: Sebastian Faena.
Location: Miami's Vizcaya  (the palatial Coconut Grove villa built
to look like a 16th-century Renaissance mansion).




More orange in editorials.....



Vogue Russia, Dec 2010






numero march 2009




Orange is a huge colour for SS11. 
Seen at Dior, Prada, Gucci and Unique.


Gucci SS11

Orange eyeshadow Dior SS11

Dior SS11

Orange nails at Dior SS11

Prada Spring 2011 Runway
Prada SS11

Prada SS11

Unique SS11

Unique SS11



My favourite orange piece of the season!!

Alexander McQueen SS11


Orange looks glamourous and sophisticated with black and white especially when teamed with gold jewellery!





I also love orange contrasting with turquoise blue and do not be wary of going for other shocking colour contrasts too! 
It looks great here with this fuschia/bright pink.


V53 Summer 2008.



ORANGE HIGH STREET BUYS...

















My favourite is the orange dip dye maxi hem dress 
-It has a feel of Topshop Unique without the price tag. 





 


I also love these two orange looks from Zara's new LOOKBOOK.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...