...Fashion makes what could be a mudane necessity of everyday life creative, exciting and interesting. Clothes are more to me than just clothes, they are a form of art. Our bodies are like canvas, and when we dress we make a picture in the world! Fashion and personal style for me are forms of self expression and escapism. How we dress is important whether we are choosing to dress to reveal or conceal parts of our personality. It is the way we wish the world to see us, so even if the intention is to dress for the latter it still give us hints to who people are. I love mixing high fashion with vintage. I don't just dress to look pretty and I'm quite experimental..I dress for myself and will wear anything as long as I like it even if others are not quite so sure. It's important that your happy!!







Wednesday, 6 July 2011

ASOS/DIET COKE......

..Behind the scenes...

I was unbelievable happy to be in the final 3 out of the thousands of entrants that entered the street style star competition and had such a fun weekend.

When we arrived a chauffeur picked us up at Paddington and we were taken to ASOS headquarters where we were shown around and introduced to how the company and website is run and organised.
After this we were taken to the fashion cupboard 
and got to trial and style outfits for the shoot.



We then stayed the night at St. Martins Lane Hotel, Covent Garden.
I loved the hotel there were tiny little wooden tables covered in candles, fur throws slung over the chairs and vintage style telephones.





The Shoot Day...

Me getting my makeup done. I had the most amazing orange lipstick from MAC and my nail polish was Aloha from Dior which is another beautiful shade of orange. I've tried a few orange polishes from Barry M and others but none of then have the intensity, brightness and richness as Dior's Aloha.
I'm now addicted. x




My first outfit for the shoot,  I fell for this mini straw boater hat as soon as i saw it. I love the black flower detailing and the way it ties on with a lace ribbon.



All ready for the shoot, having refreshments when waiting for the set to have its final adjustments...






Final Adjustments...





On Set..

   
 


 
   


Vikki and Claire the other two finalists! 
It was so lovely to meet them, and everybody the whole day was so friendly!


My second outfit was this monochrome striped dress from Aqua.
I love how black and white are so simple yet dramatic. 
I teamed this with red cats-eye sunglasses for a splash of colour. 
The dress is so voluminous and perfect for holidays walking by the beach floating in the sea breeze.





My third outfit had to be something suitable for jumping about on the trampoline and riding a bike so I wore a little star printed denim playsuit. 
It has such an American cool feel to it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...