...Fashion makes what could be a mudane necessity of everyday life creative, exciting and interesting. Clothes are more to me than just clothes, they are a form of art. Our bodies are like canvas, and when we dress we make a picture in the world! Fashion and personal style for me are forms of self expression and escapism. How we dress is important whether we are choosing to dress to reveal or conceal parts of our personality. It is the way we wish the world to see us, so even if the intention is to dress for the latter it still give us hints to who people are. I love mixing high fashion with vintage. I don't just dress to look pretty and I'm quite experimental..I dress for myself and will wear anything as long as I like it even if others are not quite so sure. It's important that your happy!!







Thursday, 10 November 2011

Burning Sunset...




They walked through the city streets holding hands and kissed until the sky echoed the colours of her dress. 
It was as if the sunset was for them and nature could hear their hearts....xxx





I loved this oriental print by Topshop when it first came out and wanted to post it a while back but was waiting until I had time to take some pictures of a piece. I love the fiery colours. They make me feel warm and alive. I was going to say happy or content but neither seemed strong enough. Though happiness and contentment in life are often the most difficult things for people to achieve so how you can get stronger than this I'm not quite sure. I guess what I mean is that it doesn't make me feel happy-go-lucky and content seems too placid. When I look at it the golden yellow makes me feel merry but the red and burnt orange make me feel something deeper and stronger and the only way I can describe this is alive. The dress is definitely my favourite piece from the collection but as it sold out before I had chance to purchase it I got the top instead. (I also love love these velvet boots they are so rich and luxurious.)





All pictures and clothing above from TOPSHOP.



         

  Velvet skirt: Primark
Maxi skirt: Kate Moss for TOPSHOP
Mustard skirt: H&M
Lace up blcoked hell brogues: Primark
Sheer top: Mother's
Boots: River Island
Stole: TOPSHOP
T-bar sandals: TOPSHOP (old)
Red Jacket: Coast
Oriental print Crop Top: TOPSHOP Boutique

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...