...Fashion makes what could be a mudane necessity of everyday life creative, exciting and interesting. Clothes are more to me than just clothes, they are a form of art. Our bodies are like canvas, and when we dress we make a picture in the world! Fashion and personal style for me are forms of self expression and escapism. How we dress is important whether we are choosing to dress to reveal or conceal parts of our personality. It is the way we wish the world to see us, so even if the intention is to dress for the latter it still give us hints to who people are. I love mixing high fashion with vintage. I don't just dress to look pretty and I'm quite experimental..I dress for myself and will wear anything as long as I like it even if others are not quite so sure. It's important that your happy!!







Saturday, 4 February 2012

AW11-12 Highlights

My favourites from AW11-12

The panther's, iris', purple and yellow, spectacles, hats and the contrast between patent/leather, mohair, and transparent at Givenchy. It was definitely one of my favourite shows! X








..........................................................

The coats and jackets at Burberry..



.....................................................................

The shoes, glitter, oversized purses, coats, collars, faux-fur, 1940s dresses, birds  and glasses at 
Miu Miu. It was my favourite Miu Miu show since SS10. 
I basically loved everything apart from the hats.



 


......................................

Everything at Dolce and Gabanna
The shoes, dresses, use of stars and especially all the jewel encrusted pieces.



.........................................................................................

The glamourous 70s references, jewel colours, faux fur, sheer maxi's with hot-pants peeking through, flower details and fedora hats at GUCCI.

   

..........................................................

Topshop Unique which is always one of  my favourite shows. Every season they seems to get stronger and it's so exciting to watch. I've been head over heels the last three seasons and can not wait to see what they have instore for us in their AW12-13 show at the end of this month. 
This season I adored the dalmation print,'puppy-ear' buns, 1930S references, deco designs, sailor styles, faux-fur and mary jane ribbon tie shoes. 




.....................................................................
Mary Kantrantzou...She has to be one of my favourite designers. I find all her work so inspiring and every piece leaves me in awe of it's beauty. I love her use of structure and print. 





.................................................

Moschino Cheap and Chic's wearable feminine pieces which always have a playful sense of humour. I loved the telephone box and eiffel tower dresses, the faux-fur trimmed jackets and the fur hoods.



...........................................................
Holly Fulton's geometric and deco prints and her use of colour. 
It was quirky, arty, feminine and elegant.



.....................................................................

Lanvin's dresses (notably the one-sleeved and off the shoulder ones) along with the head pieces,
gloves, over-sized flower necklaces, chokers and jewels.




....................................

Louis Vuitton peter pan collars and hats..




(All catwalk pictures via www.vogue.co.uk)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...