...Fashion makes what could be a mudane necessity of everyday life creative, exciting and interesting. Clothes are more to me than just clothes, they are a form of art. Our bodies are like canvas, and when we dress we make a picture in the world! Fashion and personal style for me are forms of self expression and escapism. How we dress is important whether we are choosing to dress to reveal or conceal parts of our personality. It is the way we wish the world to see us, so even if the intention is to dress for the latter it still give us hints to who people are. I love mixing high fashion with vintage. I don't just dress to look pretty and I'm quite experimental..I dress for myself and will wear anything as long as I like it even if others are not quite so sure. It's important that your happy!!







Tuesday, 12 June 2012

Flower Girl

















You would maybe think that the overpowering print and eccentric skirt would stop you styling this dress in various ways but, I have actually found the print and dress so inspiring that for me it has done the opposite. The print, colours and the kookie lampshade shape make you dream and evoke so many thoughts that styling ideas can go one forever. This is one of my favourite ways to wear it. Cute and playful with the accessories to fit with the shape of the skirt and echoing Mary Katrantzou’s love for mixing and clashing prints pairing it with my flower printed wooden platform sandals. Even though this dress has a satin look and quite a formal shape I wanted to emphasise the theme of nature and innocence in the dress also by teaming it with the flower garland and poesy bag.

15 comments:

  1. AH! I love your dress and I'm super jealous. It's beautiful.
    Also I'm super excited to follow you and I hope you'll return the favor. It would mean so much coming from you (:

    xx Amber
    http://amberleetea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the sweet sweet comment Amber!! :) I will check out you blog now!! :) Thanks for the follow!!! :)

      Delete
  2. You pull off that dress effortlessly - I'm so jealous. Katrantzou is such an inspiring woman.

    Care to return the follow please? :)

    www.ameliaisnotcross.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much!! Just had a look at your blog!! Love your blog header!! Thanks for following!! Following you back!! :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful prints on your dress hun! I don't think it's overpowering at all. Hey if you look good, so freaking what, it's your blog and I think your outfit is great! Did you wear floral socks too? What an excellent execution. Love it! xo

    www.KTRstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Yeah...I love it's print!! I wore polka dot sock but floral sandals!! Thanks for the comment!! :)

      Delete
  4. You look really really beautiful! Love our floral print dress! :)
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely blog. please check out mine too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyooou!!! Had a look!! Love your photos!!

      Delete
  6. Interesting blog... you have a nice style! I'm now following you with Google Friend Connect and Bloglovin'! :) . If you liked my blog you can stay up to date to my new updates by just following me! ;)

    ♥ ★ ♥ GINGER COLLAGE ♥ ★ ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyoou!! Yes, I am following on google+ :) :) :)

      Delete
  7. This is such a gorgeous outfit! I love the bright floral pattern :)

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice pattern
    You look Cool and fancy
    <3high fashion

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...