...Fashion makes what could be a mudane necessity of everyday life creative, exciting and interesting. Clothes are more to me than just clothes, they are a form of art. Our bodies are like canvas, and when we dress we make a picture in the world! Fashion and personal style for me are forms of self expression and escapism. How we dress is important whether we are choosing to dress to reveal or conceal parts of our personality. It is the way we wish the world to see us, so even if the intention is to dress for the latter it still give us hints to who people are. I love mixing high fashion with vintage. I don't just dress to look pretty and I'm quite experimental..I dress for myself and will wear anything as long as I like it even if others are not quite so sure. It's important that your happy!!







Friday, 5 October 2012

Summers over.


It still feels like summer in South Korea at the moment even though it has started to cool down so it's hard to believe that SS12 is now over and back in the UK I would be well into wearing Autumn Winter clothes. I have had this to post for a while now but this period has been a rejuventating break for me leaving some things behind and enjoying different things in life and have not had enough time to post as I would like. Here's my favourite shows from the Summer just gone.


Dolce and Gabanna

Vegetable prints , cropped tops, 50s skirts and pasta jewellery
















Louis Vuitton

Fairy tales, tiaras, merri-go-rounds, feathers and icecream like shades.













Valentino Haute Couture..

Slipper shoes, lace, poetics prints, buttons and bowed sleeves.







Valentino RTW

Lace, plaited hair, long earrings, neon touches..












Versace..

Cropped tops, matching two-pieces, studs and aquatic sea theme.












Gucci

The perfect simple but bold colour palette, art-deco patterns and flapper style dresses.










D&G

Scarf printed fabrics, gypsy bohemian feel, printed wedges and coin earrings!!







Meadham and Kirchhoff

I love how Meadham and Kirchhoff really take the art of fashion literally and it isn't just about making a pretty dress that will look pretty on someone! Their clothes are always full of concepts and ideas and their shows are SHOWS!! 
I also think so many people who looked at the collection and stated it unwearable would really be surprised how the individual pieces could so easily be incorporated into their looks. Anyhow, I would wear all of it if I ever could be so lucky to get the chance. There can be so much pretense in fashion in the wrong way and designers like MK just remind everyone what fashion is all about!!







Ashish

I always love Ashish collections. His collections are always so different, edgy and always so wearable. Noone else makes sequins so perfect for the day!!







Mary Katrantzou

I find everyone of Mary Katrantzou's collections so inspiring and breathtaking. Every collection fits in with her signature that they are naturally hers but at the same time are so different and full of new ideas that you are surprised and overwhelmed everytime.








Alice McCall



Giambattista Valli




Balmain

Balmain is always so luxurious and wearable. I love the detailing in every collection and how it is always an understated statement!! Always too cool!








Lanvin

I love how Alber Elbaz always makes a statement but it never looks over-the-top or cheap, his collections are both serious and fun and how he so perfectly captured a woman who is feminine, romantic and soft aswell as strong, deep and independent in this collection.













Alexander McQueen. 

 I love how the edges of the pencil skirts actually look like sponge or as if they are made from parts of the coral reef. Every outfit is a perfect manifestation of a water nymph.









Peter Pilitto

Always exciting, feminine, edgy and strong- I love Peter Pillitto creates and art form not just a pretty outfit.









Givenchy








Moschino

Make love not War!! 
Always fun, feminine and sassy!!











Christopher Kane

Another of my favourite designers!!!







 







Holly Fulton

Art Deco, 60's and aquatic references.












Maarten Van der Horst

Ruffles and tropical prints!!






Rodarte.

Ethereal and echanting. I love the colour combination of mustard and aquamarine.



























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...